Fr John Arens Council
Sun Lakes, Arizona
How To Pray The Rosary
@2007 Knights of Columbus
"The rosary is a prayer about life: the life of Jesus and Mary. When we pray the rosary we have hope both for our days" here on earth and in eternity.
by Bishop Thomas V. Daily, Supreme Chaplain
HOW TO PRAY THE ROSARY
- Begin by Making the Sign of the Cross and holding the crucifix pray the "Apostles' Creed."
- On the first bead pray the "Our Father."
- On the next three (3) beads pray "Hail Marys."
- On the last bead pray the "Glory Be."Announce the First Mystery; then pray one "Our Father."
- Pray ten (10)"Hail Mary's," while meditating on the Mystery.
- On the last bead pray the "Glory Be," then say the "Fatima Prayer.(optional)"
- Announce the Second Mystery; then pray the "Our Father," Repeat with ten (10) Hail Mary's and the meditation of the Mystery. Complete the mystery with the "Glory Be" and the "Fatima Prayer".
- Continue with the Third, Fourth and Fifth Mysteries in the same manner.
- Finish with the "Hail Holy Queen",
- and "Let Us Pray"
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he arose again.
He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit., the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you (thee); blessed are you (art thou) among women, and blessed is the fruit of your (thy) womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
O' my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell and lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of mercy! Hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears! Turn then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O Sweet Virgin Mary!
[V] Pray for us, Holy Mother of God.
[R] That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
O God, whose only begotten Son, by his life, Death and Resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech you, that we who meditate on these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the blessed Virgin Mary, may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord.<br />